After a few late nights and not too little worrying our inaugural HUG (Holray User Group) at the Bond Company in Birmingham went off without a hitch. It was great to see so many people there and whilst the afternoon session on new features, especially the “Plans for pricing” epic, was a long haul I don’t think anyone went to sleep.
Thanks to Tim Ford for his presentation on WiFi on boats, it looks like a great solution and I think generated a lot of interest.
As always we completely failed to take any photographs, which I’m sure all the delegates will be thrilled about (so here is a photo of some of our badges!)
I definitely think we’ll do another one, but perhaps bi-annually to give us time to deliver some of the things we promised we would.
Once again a big thanks to everybody that attended, the slides should be available soon, if you’ve not yet seen them then drop us an email.
Simon & Rachel
It’s our first HUG!
After a lot of planning and some false starts, it’s finally here. Wednesday the 18th November 2015 sees the inaugural Holray User Group meeting at the Bond Company in Birmingham.
We’re hoping it will be an entertaining event or at least not too boring, we’re providing cakes, coffee and lunch and Simon’s only speaking for most of the day so there will be some respite from him over lunch time.
The morning session will cover general features and how tos for the system with a brief foray into exporting customer data for analysis in Excel.
There’s a guest speaker coming to give a brief presentation on mobile internet and avoiding big data charges.
The afternoon session will be covering new features, including:-
- Enhanced pricing including price versioning and the ability to specify a publish date for pricing so you can set your late availability discounts well in advance.
- New web services – build your own checkout pages.
- Customer area – View booking history, edit existing bookings, loyalty discounts, pay balances.
- Variable profiles on units – Change from weekly and short break only in the off weeks to weeks only in the peak weeks.
- Drag ‘n’ drop transfers – No more keypreses – pick them up on the chart drop them where you want ’em.
- Updated session management and remote access control.
and there will be plenty of opportunity for clients to put forward proposals of features they’d like to see. We look forward to seeing you all there, and if we’re not seeing you this year we hope to see you next.